About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Monday, July 13, 2009

While I'm Waiting...

Lately, I've been feeling a little anxious about our adoption. I see women in church with their tiny babies and my heart aches. I know our children (in Ethiopia) by now must have been born. I pray for them everyday in generalities but not specifics. I pray for their safety, their health and most importantly the caregivers...please give them a kind and gentle heart. I may not know the children yet, but God does...he has hand-picked them for us. Personally, I'm ready to go and get them...however God's plan is sometimes different than mine. I want so badly to have a referral...a name...a face...my child.

This morning while I was driving the girls to gymnastics practice a song was playing on the radio that hit me like a ton of bricks. I have heard it a hundred times but this time it just seem to talk to me. It was all about waiting on God's timing...while I sure am trying to be patient...there are days that I fail miserably...good thing God's still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment