About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My heart skipped a beat...

So yesterday as the kids and I were about to go out the door for some errands the phone rang. Now usually I don't pick it up when we are that close to being all ready but the caller id said that it was our social worker...and my heart skipped a beat. Boy, oh boy, I just knew that this was going to be our referral call (we've been told that our social worker will most likely call to give us the good news). So trying not to sound like a maniac I raced to the phone...

"Hey..." I said. "Hi guys, I just wanted to check in with you and see how you guys are doing?" She had no good news. Nothing to share...she just wanted to see how we were doing. We'll I'd be a tee-tiny little bit better with a referral (is what I wanted to say...ARGHHHH!!!!!) This waiting thing is so incredibly hard. So now, I'm back to racing to the phone and waiting for a referral. I guess I'm just glad I've got caller id...otherwise, all my family and friends would really think I'm just that crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment