About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Lindsey Stirling and a quick weekend...

My youngest daughter and I took a quick trip last weekend down to Oklahoma to see our oldest daughter at college.  I say "quick" loosely because 9 hours down there is not quick.  We have to drive through Kansas and ain't nothin' to see on that toll road.  Nothin'.

I roped my daughter into going with me because I also promised both girls I would take them to go and see Lindsey Stirling in concert in Tulsa, which was two more hours away.  That's a whole lot of driving...well, considering she was going to be 2 hours away from our house the next day.  Oh well.  That wasn't really the point though, was it?

Anyway, it was so much fun!  I love to see the girls together.  It's like watching two BFF's get together and squeal and giggle till their hearts content.  I just took a book and listened to them talk in the hotel until the wee hours.  Did my heart good.  And I think it did them some good as well.

The concert was amazing.  Lindsey is so talented and gifted and she uses her platform in such a positive way.  Kudos to her!  Well, we're back now and into the grind of this week.





No comments:

Post a Comment