About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Yay, she made it home!

I knew she would.  This girl surprises me all the time with her ability to rise to any challenge.  She did great!  Of course, she wasn't even home an hour before she was begging us to all go to see the movie "The Last Jedi" that night.  Didn't help that her sister had joined her in ganging up on us.  Figures...

So with a quick dinner and Grandmom and Granddad watching our little one, we quickly scrambled off to the movie theater.  Our oldest son was able to meet us at the theater and as I looked down the seating at my family all in one spot (well, almost all of them...) I realized how blessed I really am.  This is a moment we were all enjoying together.  It's been a long time since we've had that.  Oh, how I've missed it.  And I can't promise that it will happen again anytime soon.

But for that moment, it felt normal.  And I smiled.


No comments:

Post a Comment