About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Monday, July 23, 2012

105...

I heard on the radio today that we were suppose to hit that number today...105.  Crazy, I know.  This is Iowa.  We are definitely use to the snow here, but this heat is just unbelievable.  And we have no relief in sight.  Smack dab in the middle of a drought...that's where we are. 

As you drive around town, you can tell which family has totally given up on their lawn.  Brown.  Then you look around and you've got the people with freaky bright green grass.  They're probably out there watering just saying to themselves..."drought, what drought...I see no drought". 

And then there's us.  We are the people with the brown-green grass.  Somewhere in the middle.  Watering just enough so we don't lose our entire lawn...I mean, we normally don't water our grass that much even without a drought (so it's best not to confuse our grass at this point). 

There is one thing that I just can't believe is thriving through this drought...weeds.  Since the grass really isn't growing the only tall things in my yard are the weeds.  You should see some of these things.  Seriously, the root system must go WAY down.  They are up there with poison ivy...and I firmly believe that was created by the devil himself.  You know, he does have a tendency to like things hot I hear...

No comments:

Post a Comment