About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Greetings from Kentucky...

Crossing the bridge into Kentucky...
We are out relaxing with family here in the great state of Kentucky for the July 4th holiday. My mother and father in-law own a large farm out in the middle of nowhere, it seems. But it's one of our favorite places to be.

The pace of life for us here is slower, with no practices to be at and appointments to go to. Happily enough, they own a pool and we are basically going to spend all of our time there. Our kids are so obsessive about swimming that they actually went swimming in the wee hours of the morning the day we left to drive 11 hours to come here. At one rest area my little girl turns to me and says, "my hair is dry...I need to go swimming".

A boatload of family is headed over later for a late lunch...it's going to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment