About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Even if it was only in my dreams...

Dreams are funny thing.  Some can be quite scary at times (just ask my 3 year old about his very bad dream) and other times it's the most beautiful thing in the world.  You can walk on the top of the tallest mountain or swim in the ocean and see the fish below without having trouble breathing.  Dreams can be confusing and all jumbled up while others make so much sense that it's hard to tell what's real or not. 

Last night I dreamed about my father (I lost him to a sudden heart attack 6 years ago).

We were sitting on a front porch with white wooden rockers.  I really don't think we were talking or anything, but I do remember a flock of penguins come "flying" overhead...definitely a dream here.  I grabbed his hand and told him "come quick and take a look at this"...and there we stood for the longest time.  Holding hands and watching flying penguins.  Weird...sort of.  (I mean those poor penguins can try with all their might to fly, but probably isn't going to happen unless they get to heaven) 

It use to make me sad when I dreamed about my father...but today...I'm just so glad to have had a moment with him

...even if it was only in my dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment