About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Friday, July 27, 2012

Sometimes frosted flakes just call my name...

I saw a friend of mine the other day at the gym and I commented to her on how good she looked (she had lost a boatload of weight).  I asked her how she did it and where could I get me some of that "skinny"?  She then proceeded to list (in great detail, I might add) all of the things she had cut out of her diet.  Bread, cookies, cake, meat, cheese, chicken, butter, milk, etc.  I looked at her in shock and then slowly decided to put that "skinny" back on the shelf. 

I don't want to give up everything...it's not worth it to me.  I want to enjoy life and food and cooking.  I want to enjoy a cookie sometimes.  Don't get me wrong.  I still want to work out to feel good, watch what I eat and stay in shape.  But if I have to work out just a little bit longer on the treadmill to do it...so be it. 

Life is too short and sometimes frosted flakes just call my name....

No comments:

Post a Comment