About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I think it knows...

My van...my poor wonderful little van is eleven years old. It has been a great van giving us very little trouble at all - only the occasional new tire and oil changes. But even the greatest of things must come to an end...so just recently my husband and I have been talking about buying a new van. It was then that I began to notice the little things with my van. First...it was "kids...do you hear that noise?" while we were in the car. Next, it was the rattle of my driver's side door. Now, it has been trying to act like it's going to overheat...although it doesn't seem to really want to get there. Call me crazy...but I promise you...it knows. It knows that its time with our family is coming to an end and this is it's last plea. The plea of..."let me stay...oh, please let me stay...I'll be good". But oh...if it only knew what it was up against. The new vans have automatic doors, back-up cameras and CD players (...remember eleven years old van here I've got. By the way, I think I'm the only one still driving around with a TAPE PLAYER in their car. That's right...I said it...a tape player). So as we continue to shop around for a new vehicle...the "pings" and "clanks" and "rattles" grow a little bit louder because I promise you...

...I think it knows

No comments:

Post a Comment